Re: int4/int8 problem with jdbc was Re: "Fix" for INT8 literals

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: int4/int8 problem with jdbc was Re: "Fix" for INT8 literals
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Jan Heise wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have some problems with my java app and int8 pks. i browsed the
> mail-archives and found the
> following mail thread *Re: "Fix" for INT8 literals being parsed as INT4
> disqualifying*
> the last statement was:
>
> That patch will be applied soon. But it will *not* be in the 7.4 stable
> branch. It will be fixed in head of tree. Since it will break existing
> code I didn't want to add it to 7.4 in the middle of beta, or now that
> 7.4 is RC1.
>
> full text of the mail i'm referring to:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-11/msg00057.php
>
> has this been already adressed in the HEAD for the jdbc-driver? because
> i loaded it from
> gborg via cvs and the problem still persists.

I don't believe the patch in question ever got applied.

The 7.5 server doesn't suffer from the same "type mismatch prevents use
of an index" problem, I believe. Or you could add an explicit ::int8
cast to your query.

My v3 protocol changes should fix this against a 7.4 server, but they're
some distance away from making it into the official driver at the moment.

-O