Re: ACLs versus ALTER OWNER

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: ACLs versus ALTER OWNER
Дата
Re: ACLs versus ALTER OWNER  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> REVOKE ALL ON TABLE foo FROM GRANTOR [USER] alice;
>
> The super user must really be a *super* user.

I think we need a proper 'effective user' facility.

At the moment, there's breakage if a super user creates a language, then
drops their superuser privs, then the dump cannot be restored.

All other failure cases also exist.  eg if a gumby user creates a table
in a schema, then has his permission to create tables in that schema
revoked.  The dump will be broken.

The solution seems to me that we need to have an 'effective_user' SET
option so that the superuser doing the restore can still create tables
owned by the gumby, even though the gumby does not have privileges to do  so.

Chris