Re: list rewrite committed

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: list rewrite committed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff wrote:
> Do we have any numbers as to how much this will help things?

No, I haven't done any benchmarking yet (I might do some before I
leave for the summer, but it's not a priority...)

FWIW, the performance improvement from this patch won't be as large
as it might be, since Tom already replaced some lappend() hot spots
with the "FastList" code. The new list API makes that optimization
global, so we'll fix anywhere that fell through the cracks.

> If not, would something like a pg_bench exercise the new code enough to
> see the results?

Something like TPC-H would be better, I'd think.

-Neil