Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> So are you saying that if you connect to any GPL database (e.g. gnumed
> is a GPL database created with Postgresql), you must GPL your code? Even
> when using something like ODBC as the connection method?

I don't think so. The difference is, that PostgreSQL is BSD and you are
connecting from a GPL source versus say MySQL which is GPL and
connecting from a BSD source.

The GPL is pervasive in that if your app requires libs that are GPL then
your app must also be GPL. However, since PostgreSQL libs are BSD we
don't have that issue.

IANAL but I believe that is the case.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake