Re: Connection log entries - random port number recorded

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Connection log entries - random port number recorded
Дата
Список pgsql-general
mike g wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have postgres set to log all connections.  I run it on port 5432.  I
> have noticed in the postgres logs that the port being used to connect to
> the database is logged but never equal to 5432.  The ip address recorded
> is correct but the port number recorded is always a different number
> each time.

This is entirely normal. The database listens on port 5432, but the
client will connect *from* a randomly chosen port (it's not actually
random, but it is meaningless).

You can't have two connections with the same endpoints, i.e. if you open
up one connection and it goes:
   client:12345 => server:5432
then the next outbound connection will have to use a different port e.g.
   client:12346 => server:5432

On linux you can use "lsof -i" to see all current connections, I used to
  use something similar on Windows, but can't remember what it was.

HTH
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd