Re: Problem with sequences on a reload of a pg_dump file

От Sean Shanny
Тема Re: Problem with sequences on a reload of a pg_dump file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

It  looks like I probably caused this.  :-(  I was not paying attention and rebooted the machine while it was doing the index building. :-(  This is about an 1/2 TB warehouse instance so I am going to  look at the last several thousand lines of the dump file to see if I can replay what I need to correct the situation.  Not a good day.

--sean

Tom Lane wrote:
Sean Shanny <shannyconsulting@earthlink.net> writes:
My problem is that all the sequences were reset to start a 1. :-(   Did
I do something wrong as this has never happened before?
Did the reload actually complete, or did it fail partway through?

Also, can I
simply figure out what the  next value should be and manually update the
last_value column in each affected sequence?
No, but you could use setval().

TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your     joining column's datatypes do not match