Re: Multitable uniqueness ?

От Jean-Luc Lachance
Тема Re: Multitable uniqueness ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Do you really need MANY-TO-MANY between customers and projects?
I can see customers owning many projects, but do you really have
projects belonging to many customers?

If not, fold cust_proj into projects.

Otherwise, UNIQUE (cp_id, stall_no) on stalls should be enough.

Andreas wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Is there a way to have something like this :  UNIQUE (table_1.id,
> table_2.xxx)
>
> I got some tables that have a couple of foreign keys. Now I try to
> minimize those relationships to clean up the mess.   :-}
> We do business fairs. (???)  Like c-bit only a few magnitudes smaller.
> So we have projects and rent stalls to customers.
>
> customers (c_id, ...)
> projects (p_id,...)
>
> there is an relation    cust_proj (cp_id,  c_fk, p_fk, status_fk)
> with a UNIQUE constraint  (c_fk, p_fk)
>
> A customer can have several orders, contacts, ... tied to a project.
>
> Those look like this   stalls (stall_id, cp_id, stall_no, ...)
> o_id    PRIMARY
> cp_fk  FOREIGN KEY that ties to custmer and project
>
> stall_no   is a varchar
> It should be unique within a project.
>
> Will I have to integrate the project.id into the stalls-table ?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: