Re: Unix timestamp , unix timestamp with microseconds

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Unix timestamp , unix timestamp with microseconds
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In. Martin Prášek wrote:
> I I read the documentation well (PG 7.3.3 ) , i see that there is not a native support for  data type  UNIX TIMESTAMP
and"unix  timestamp expressed as microseconds"

> ie  there it is  impossible to direct insert and select
>
>  seconds_from _Epoch
>  seconds_from _Epoch (period) microseconds_part
>  seconds_from _Epochmicroseconds_part
>
> without  some data conversion ?

You could use a numeric type if that's what you want - you'll want to
check the size but something like numeric(12,3) should do the job. Be
aware that numerics are much slower than int's though.

If you want separate access to the seconds/microsecs parts then you'll
need your define your own type - other people have done so, but you'll
need some knowledge of C.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Web DB Management tool
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Problem with public schema