Re: Is Linux 2.6.5 kernel good enough for production?

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: Is Linux 2.6.5 kernel good enough for production?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

To:
Dirk Försterling <r@zorbla.de>

<quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------->
Dirk Försterling wrote:

> There were some dumb queries with timestamps, performing much slower
> with Linux-2.6.5 compared to Linux-2.4.25:
>
> The queries used something like this (ts is a TIMESTAMP):
>     ... AND ts LIKE '2003-04-%'

I'm guessing an index isn't being used because your LANG is
something-UTF-8 and that got picked up when you recreated your database.
  Try recreating the database with the C locale and see if that does it.
</quote

So, if I make a database with a UTF encoding of any kind, indexes are
not use?

If I wanted **ONE** database to be used with any langauge, I would use
C-LOCALE?