Re: Why queries takes too much time to execute?

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Why queries takes too much time to execute?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Anderson Boechat Lopes wrote:
>     Hi.
>
>     I´m new here and i´m not sure if this is the right email to solve my
> problem.
>
>     Well, i have a very large database, with vary tables and very
> registers. Every day, too many operations are perfomed in that DB, with
> queries that insert, delete and update. Once a week some statistics are
> collected using vacuum analyze.

i guess you need to run it much more frequently than that. Thought you haven't
given actual size of data etc., once or twice per day should be much better.

>     The problem is after a period of time (one month, i think), the
> queries takes too much time to perform. A simple update can take 10
> seconds or more to perform.

You need to vacuum full once in a while and setup FSM parameters correctly.

>     If i make a backup, drop and recreate the DB, everything goes back
> normal.
>
>     Could anyone give me any guidance?

Check following for basic performance tuning

http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/annotated_conf_e.html

HTH

  Shridhar