Re: Cancel query based on a timeout

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Cancel query based on a timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stijn Vanroye wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm running a query on a not-so-small db. Mostly this query runs fast enough, but every once in a while the query
takesa long time to complete in wich case the users start banging away on the keyboard :-).

> What we would like to do is cancel the query after a certain time-out (e.g. 30 sec.)
> Is there some way to send a command to the postgres sever to stop running the query?
>
> We're using Postgres 7.3.4 and the latest ODBC driver. Programming is done with Borland Delphi 7

AFAIK, there is a statement timeout option but exactly which version brought it
in escapes me ATM...Most probably 7.4.x but don't take my word for it. Check you
r postgrersql.conf for details.

HTH

  Shridhar

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: full tuple count in cursor.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: passing strings to functions