Re: C Functions, datatypes

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: C Functions, datatypes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A Palmblad wrote:
> I'm writing a function in C, and am trying to return a row,
> containing Numeric and array types.  I'm building the row with
> heap_formtuple.  I'm having trouble creating the numeric and array
> Datums.  If anyone has some example code illustrating this, that'd be
> great.

See PL/R for examples:
   http://www.joeconway.com/plr/

Specifically:

   plr.c:do_compile()
     gathering required information for input conversion of return values

   pg_conversion.c:get_scalar_datum()
     conversion from (char *value) to Datum using the gathered info for
     scalar return datums

   pg_conversion.c:get_generic_array_datum()
     conversion from multiple (char *values) to Datum using the gathered
     info for array return datums

HTH,

Joe