Re: regression failures - further data

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: regression failures - further data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>isn't even

>>to do some

>>that might

>>>Is this the extra newline regression failure you were seeing?
>>>

>>No, this is running with the patch that suppresses that.
>>Basically, for some reason that I have been unable to find,
>>and which leaves no log trace, copy just stops after about 4
>>or 5 lines, and then there are a bunch of consequent
>>failures. I can't account for it yet. All I do know is that
>>it happens when the tests are run with high parallelism and
>>doesn't with no or low parallelism.
>>
>>(tests are all run from MSys)
>>

>Does this mean they work when you run the tests from cygwin, or that you
>haven't tried it there? I've always run it with the defualt, which
>should be unlimited, with no problems.
>
>Could it simply be another issue with the infamous stdout/stderr
>buffering on the msys console, that causes the script to get results in
>the wrong order or something? [assuming this *is* a client-side problem,
>of course]

Haven't run from cygwin because what I'm trying to do is get it so you
don't need to. I think that's incredibly ugly. You should be able to run
regression tests from your build platform. The stderr buffering problem
should have been fixed by the recent patch explicitly unbuffering it.

still investigating ...

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: regression failures - further data
Сообщение: Re: regression failures - further data