Re: Hi! (and a question)

От Janko Richter
Тема Re: Hi! (and a question)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David Cruz wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> My name is David Cruz, and I'm from Bogota, Colombia.
>
> I'm Beggining with PostgreSQL, so I've been doing just
> a few simple things.
>
> I have a problem, in my database there is a table
> which has some geometric data types: (point and
> polygon) and a need some operator or function that let
> me know if the point is inside the polygon or not.
> Something like the ~ in the point inside a circle, but
> this one is inside a polygon.
>
> thanks a lot!

<snip/>

What PGSQL version do you are using? I found the point ~ polygon
operator in version 7.4.

Example:
  SELECT '0.5,0.5'::point @ '(-1,0),(-1,-1),(1,-1),(1,1)'::polygon;
or
  SELECT  '(-1,0),(-1,-1),(1,-1),(1,1)'::polygon ~ '0.5,0.5'::point;

Regards, Janko Richter

От: David Cruz
Сообщение: Hi! (and a question)
От: Carlos Barroso
Сообщение: Problem inserting more than 80 registers!?