Re: Remove_temp_files_after_crash and significant recovery/startup time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove_temp_files_after_crash and significant recovery/startup time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"McCoy, Shawn" <shamccoy@amazon.com> writes:
> I noticed that the new parameter remove_temp_files_after_crash is currently set to a default value of "true" in the
version14 release. It seems this was discussed in this thread [1], and it doesn't look to me like there's been a lot of
stresstesting of this feature.

Probably not ...

> In our fleet there have been cases where we have seen hundreds of thousands of temp files generated.  I found a case
wherewe helped a customer that had a little over 2.2 million temp files.  Single threaded cleanup of these takes a
significantamount of time and delays recovery. In RDS, we mitigated this by moving the pgsql_tmp directory aside, start
theengine and then separately remove the old temp files.

TBH, I think the thing to be asking questions about is how come you had so
many temp files in the first place.  Sounds like something is misadjusted
somewhere.

От: David Zhang
Сообщение: Re: ORDER BY pushdowns seem broken in postgres_fdw
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Remove_temp_files_after_crash and significant recovery/startup time