Re: win32 build and test issues

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: win32 build and test issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Claudio Natoli wrote:

>Merlin Moncure writes:
>

>>Perhaps it is a DOS line termination problem...0D/0A...this
>>is the only thing I can think of.
>>

>Good idea. There are a few places in the code with suspicious comments like
>the following from scan.c/l
>
> * Unix ones, we accept either \n or \r as a newline.  A DOS-style \r\n
> * sequence will be seen as two successive newlines, but that doesn't cause
> * any problems.  Comments that start with -- and extend to the next
>
>That looks like a possible suspect for sure.

The CR/NL stuff was the first thing I thought of, of course. The scan
stuff doesn't seem relevant though. My problem with the suggestion of
this being a simple CR/NL translation issue is that in that case we
should be seeing many more newlines than we are. Why does suppressing
just this one work? That's what I find so puzzling.

I'm currently rebuilding and looking into it more.

cheers

andrew