Re: branching for 9.2devel

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: branching for 9.2devel
Дата
Re: branching for 9.2devel  (Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> I just searched backwards on this thread and I can't find it.
> I think he's talking about the bottom of this post:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/BANLkTimnjZNemdpqgK=8Mj=pzq33Pz0ntQ@mail.gmail.com

... which was:
CF #1: June 1-30CF #2: August 1-31CF #3: October 1-31CF #4 (one week shortened CF): December 1-7CF #5: January 1-31

I think the main thing we have to think about before choosing is whether
we believe that we can shorten the CFs at all.  Josh's proposal had
3-week CFs after the first one, which makes it a lot easier to have a
fest in November or December, but only if you really can end it on time.

In addition to the fun of working around the holiday season, perhaps
we should also consider how much work we're likely to get out of people
in the summer.  Is it going to be useful to schedule a fest in either
July or August?  Will one month be better than the other?