Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:09, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> Perhaps that was the inspiration, but no, I definitely meant a
> CHECKPOINT.
>
> But now you come to mention it, it would be better just to have a
>  command that simply wrote a named record to the xlog, so it can
> be searched for later...
>
> COMMENT [IN TRANSACTION LOG] 'starting payroll Feb04'

FWFW,

Oracle's COMMIT syntax has an optional COMMENT specifier which is
used for documenting a distributed transaction. In-doubt
transactions can then be manually committed or aborted by
referencing the transaction associated with the comment. Example:

COMMIT WORK COMMENT 'A complex distributed Tx';

Perhaps there is some common ground between the 2PC implementation
and PITR?

Mike Mascari

Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion