Re: Postgre and Web Request

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Postgre and Web Request
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hervé Piedvache wrote:

> Le mercredi 28 Avril 2004 20:56, Joshua D. Drake a écrit :
>
>>>            1. With the OS? Will it crash?
>>
>>See above. And actually if you really did have a situation where 10,000
>>users accessed the site at the exact same time you would need a pretty
>>large cluster to handle it... regardless of PostgreSQL.
> Excuse for my stupid question, Joshua, but how do you make a PostgreSQL
> Cluster ??? I'm really interesting about this solution ...

You seem to misunderstand. In postgresql, a database installation is called as
cluster. When you initdb, it initializes a database area where more than one
databases can be created. Since there are more than one databases, such an
installation is called as database cluster.

It is not like a beowulf cluster..:-)

HTH

  Shridhar