Re: About pgevent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About pgevent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Think about what "open source" means.  It doesn't mean that we give our
> users binary blobs compiled on some guy's machine, because it's too
> inconvenient to obtain the build tools.  If it's too inconvenient to
> obtain build tools, you use a binary distribution anyway.

If I understand what the README is saying, pgmsgevent.mc is the source
file (the "preferred form for modification"), and MSG00001.bin is just
prebuilt output from it.  It's unpleasant that it's not text, but I
don't see that this is fundamentally different from providing configure
along with configure.in.