Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PITR Phase 2 - Design Planning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 05:00, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

>>What if we added transaction id to log_line_prefix?  The user could then
>>log all queries and find the xid where they want to stop, but of course
>>that assumes they have enabled such logging, and they have access to the
>>logs.
>>

>Good thinking.
>
>I'll have a look at this and come back to you.

log_statement triggered logging happens very early in the process - if
you are logging them all it happens before the statements are even
parsed. Would we have an xid to log sensibly at that stage?

Perhaps with log_min_duration_statment = 0 we would (i.e. log statements
when finished rather than when started).

cheers

andrew