Re: Usability, MySQL, Postgresql.org, gborg, contrib,

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Usability, MySQL, Postgresql.org, gborg, contrib,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> If we install plPGSQL by default, we should install any other pl
> language that was configured at runtime by default as well. This
> includes plPerl, plTCL, and plPython.
>
> Of course only if they were compiled in, but sense they are a part of
> the core distribution we shouldn't favor one over the other.
>
> Personally, plpgSQL is only useful to those who are coming from Oracle.
> People are more likely to be comfortable with plPython or plPerl than
> plpgSQL.

Joshua - as you know I'm a perl fan. But plpgsql is special, for a
number of reasons, not least that it doesn't require any extra
libraries, and should be installable on every postgresql system.

I know people hate playing favourites, but you can take that too far.

cheers

andrew