Re: composite type and assignment in plpgsql

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: composite type and assignment in plpgsql
Дата
Re: composite type and assignment in plpgsql  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
Список pgsql-general
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

>what's wrong with this?
>
>create type tSession
>    as ( ty_found boolean, ty_Session char(32) );
>
>create or replace function GetSessionID( integer )
>    returns tSession as '
>declare
>    thisSession tSession;
>begin
>    --HERE!!!
>    thisSession := ( ''t'', md5( now( ) || rand( ) ) );

- md5 takes TEXT as an argument, not a numeric type
- assign each variable of type tSession to its corresponding value:
      thisSession.ty_found := ''t'';
      thisSession.ty_session := md5(CAST((now( )) AS TEXT));
 I haven't looked up the rand() function, but you can see from this how
you would cast it and now() to text.

>    return thisSession;
>end;
>' language plpgsql;
>

>thx

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

And then you can get the results:
   select * from getsessionid(1);
imperial=#  select * from getsessionid(1);
 ty_found |            ty_session
 t        | cf76cca2b562a0ead48d3eb3810f51cc
(1 row)

hth

Ron

От: Frank Finner
Сообщение: Re: Installation Postgresql
От: Ron St-Pierre
Сообщение: Re: composite type and assignment in plpgsql