Re: Moving postgres to FC disks

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Moving postgres to FC disks
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

-With the db size being as big as, say, 30+GB, how do I move it on the new logical drive? (stop postgresql, and simply move it over somehow and make a link?)

I would stop the database, move the data directory to the new volume using rsync then start up postgresql pointed at the new data directory.
Providing everything is working correctly you can then remove the old data directory.

-Currently, the internal RAID volume is ext3 filesystem. Any recommendations for the filesystem on the new FC volume? Rieserfs?

XFS

DBs are 7.4.1(RH9), and 7.2.3 (RH8).

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,