Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Steve Manes
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karel Zak wrote:

>  It must  be pretty  difficult maintain these  header and  body patterns
>  and  the  others  lists.  I  had  same  problem  and  I resolve  if  by
>  "spamassassin", it  knows learn  and it's  more simple  than procmailrc
>  coding. Now I have cca 5% of all spams in my INBOX.

It's not that difficult here but I'm using Postfix, which has built in
pattern checking.  Because my mail server also hosts a bunch of topical
internet mailing lists (mainly motorcycle and bass player stuff) and all
of their admin addresses were harvested by spammers long ago, I don't
just get one copy of spam.  I usually get several because each of those
admin addresses eventually alias back to me.

I don't use SpamAssassin or Razor but I manage to kill 95% of spam at
the SMTP stage, before the message is accepted for delivery.  This works
better than a delivery stage mail processor like procmail because it
bounces the spam back to the server actually sending it.  It's easy to
see from the maillogs what IPs are regularly sending me this crap so
they can be blackholed permanently.  I think I've got most of CHINANET
in the bit bucket now <g>.