Re: GiST -- making my index faster makes is slower

От David Blasby
Тема Re: GiST -- making my index faster makes is slower
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I tracked the problem down to the "penalty" function used to build the
tree.   Basically, it compares the area of the bounding boxes.

There wasnt enough precision in the area calculations - instead of
giving 0.0 it would give numbers in the[+-]10^-6 range.  This really
screwed up how the tree was being built.

I cast the float to doubles when calculating area, and it all works well
now.

dave

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?