Re: Why are these ARC variables per-backend?

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Why are these ARC variables per-backend?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I've got a problem with these variables in freelist.c:
>
> static int        strategy_cdb_found;
> static int        strategy_cdb_replace;

These two most definitely are per backend because they hold status
information about the blocks this backend specifically is mucking with.
If it all would be in one function, they would be local variables.

> static int        strategy_get_from;

This one is questionable. The point of it is to steer the T1/T2 list
sizes towards the goal of the strategy (T1_target). It doesn't matter
much if this is off by one every now and then, it will be corrected at
the next buffer eviction ... or the one after that.

Jan