Postgresql 7.4.1 - Template database and user permission

От Froggy / Froggy Corp.
Тема Postgresql 7.4.1 - Template database and user permission
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

    I'am using postgresql to make different web site with differente
database for each, but with same table/link/...
    So, i change from 7.2 to 7.4 and try to use template function to create
each new DB more easier (with user posgres):

    CREATE DATABASE myowntemplate TEMPLATE = template1;

    After that, i create the differentes tables.

    I create my user and create the db for each user :

    CREATE DATABASE user_db OWNER = user TEMPLATE = myowntemplate;

    Update data, and try it.

    But i got a msg in the postgresql.log that my user have not the
permission to access the tables :

    ERROR:  permission denied for relation table1
    ERROR:  permission denied for relation table2
    [...]

    So maybe i made a mistake, by i thought by making "user" the owner of
"user_db", he will gain each priviliges on "myowndb".

Thanx for answers,
regards,