Re: [HACKERS] Remove MySQL Tools from Source?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Remove MySQL Tools from Source?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Remove MySQL Tools from Source?  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Jan Wieck wrote:

> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>
>>> ... on projects.postgresql.org, or similar.    They really aren't
>>> doing any good in /contrib.
>>>
>>> I've already set up a category "conversion tools" on pgFoundry, and
>>> my idea was one project per target system.
>>

>> I reckon that by far the best way to do a mysql2pgsql converter is to
>> just modify mysqldump C source code to output in postgresql format!
>

> ... and contribute it to MySQL :-)

But you would have to assign the copyright to them ....

If someone is going to make money from my code, I prefer it to be me, or
at least that everyone has a chance to do so rather than just one company.

cheers

andrew