Re: Truncate and delete adds wal logs for slave to process.

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Truncate and delete adds wal logs for slave to process.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Chris Barnes
<compuguruchrisbarnes@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Because both truncate and delete, I would think that this action would be
> put into the pg_log as a log file that can be rolled back. And, when
> complete, it would be shipped to the standby to be processed?
>
> To reduce this logging, shipping and processing would it be smarter to have
> the tables dropped and recreated?

Truncate will generate about the same amount of log data as dropping
and creating the table.

Delete will generate quite a bit more, but still much less than 31G.
It will also leave you needing to vacuum and reindex more often.

--
greg