Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> Yeah, it seems there are two patches here -- one is the addition of
>> fsync_fname() and the other is the fsync_prepare stuff.

Sorry, I'm just catching up on my mail from FOSDEM this past weekend.

I had come to the same conclusion as Greg that I might as well just
commit it with Tom's "pg_flush_data()" name and we can decide later if
and when we have pg_fsync_start()/pg_fsync_finish() whether it's worth
keeping two apis or not.

So I was just going to commit it like that but I discovered last week
that I don't have cvs write access set up yet. I'll commit it as soon
as I generate a new ssh key and Dave installs it, etc. I intentionally
picked a small simple patch that nobody was waiting on because I knew
there was a risk of delays like this and the paperwork. I'm nearly
there.

--
greg