Re: Standby server lagging behind

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Standby server lagging behind
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

> I think I have some recall of improvements to that in the 8.4
> release, so an upgrade might help.

There was a standalone program which you can call from your recovery
script to prefetch the blocks needed to replay the next log file
before starting to apply it. I find this message but there may be a
more recent version if you search:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-11/msg01807.php

Otherwise I think there were some performance improvements to replay
but I don't recall which versions which improvements were in.

--
greg