Re: per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost
Дата
Re: per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at this a little more, it seems that part of the motivation
> for the existing design is that user-created AMs might require
> arbitrary options, which therefore can't be wired into the system
> catalogs.  There's no equivalent for tablespaces (we could add one
> some day, I suppose), so there's less intrinsic reason to think we
> have to do it that way.

Can't custom modules define arbitrary options which they declare can
be defined per tablespace?

We could have a column for all booleans, a column for all integers,
etc. but that's not really any more normalized than having a single
column for all the types with a rule for how to marshal each value
type.

--
greg