Re: pgsql: Cause pg_proc.probin to be declared as text, not bytea.

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: pgsql: Cause pg_proc.probin to be declared as text, not bytea.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Cause pg_proc.probin to be declared as text, not bytea.

Doesn't this relate to the earlier discussion of whether to re-encode
filenames and paths?

What's going to happen if I have filenames which aren't valid encoded
strings in the server encoding -- say UTF8 filenames but I'm using
latin1 in the server or vice versa. Will my CREATE FUNCTION command
end up storing an invalid encoded string? Or re-encode the filename
and then fail to find the file?

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf