Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I did some tracing and verified that pg_dump passes data to deflate()
> one table row at a time.  I'm not sure about the performance
> implications of that, but it does seem like it might be something to
> look into.

I suspect if this was a problem the zlib people would have added
internal buffering ages ago. I find it hard to believe we're not the
first application to use it this way.

I suppose it wouldn't be the first time a problem like this went
unfixed though. Is the zlib software actively maintained or was your
earlier comment implying it's currently an orphaned codebase?

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 performance tuning questions