Re: Index-only-scans, indexam API changes

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Index-only-scans, indexam API changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Heikki
Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I propose that we split index_getnext into two steps: fetching the next
> match from the index (index_next()), and fetching the corresponding heap
> tuple (index_fetch()).

A pretty trivial concern, but it seems confusing that the function to
fetch a tuple from the heap is called "index_fetch()"... Perhaps
something more explicit like index_fetch_heap_tuple() would be
clearer?

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf