Re: pasting into psql garbles text

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: pasting into psql garbles text
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Merlin Moncure<mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've noticed over a wide variety of operating systems that when you
> paste from an application into psql through a terminal (currently
> using the default gnome terminal in ubuntu)

You should get yourself a real terminal. Even Ubuntu hides xterm away somewhere.

Seriously, can you reproduce it in xterm? I can't, it's happily
letting me paste in a 200k query with lines over 300 bytes long.

What application are you pasting this text from? copy/paste in X
requires the application you're pasting from to be surprisingly
involved in the paste operation so perhaps it's behaving oddly.

Also, what version of readline, X, gnome-terminal, and whatever
application you're pasting from are you using?

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf