Re: Toooo many context switches (maybe SLES8?)

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Toooo many context switches (maybe SLES8?)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dirk Lutzebäck wrote:
> Joe, do you know where I should look in the 7.4.2 code to find this out?

I think I was wrong. I just looked in CVS and found the commit I was
thinking about:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/storage/lmgr/s_lock.c.diff?r1=1.22&r2=1.23
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/include/storage/s_lock.h.diff?r1=1.123&r2=1.124

=========================
Revision 1.23 / (download) - [select for diffs] , Sat Dec 27 20:58:58
2003 UTC (3 months, 2 weeks ago) by tgl
Changes since 1.22: +5 -1 lines
Diff to previous 1.22

Improve spinlock code for recent x86 processors: insert a PAUSE
instruction in the s_lock() wait loop, and use test before test-and-set
in TAS() macro to avoid unnecessary bus traffic.  Patch from Manfred
Spraul, reworked a bit by Tom.

I thought this had been committed to the 7.4 stable branch as well, but
it appears not.

Joe