Re: PostgreSQL configuration

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: PostgreSQL configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:

>ii) I think the -C switch *WITH* the -D switch has viable usability.
>Consider this, you are testing two different database layouts and/or RAID
>controllers. You could easily bounce back and forth from *identical*
>configurations like this:

Convenient indeed, but I would like to see the association of .conf file
-> data dir remain reasonably solid. Its all about the foot gun.

>iii) I don't like the PID file at all. Not one bit, but I had a few people
>ask for it in the patch, it works as advertized and expected. It isn't my
>place to say how someone should use something. One of my customers wanted
>it, so I provided them with it. That is the beauty of open source.

I think that there is a difference between a special patch suitable for
a particular customer and general release, and that maybe this addition
falls right in there.

best wishes

Mark