Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?

От Rainer J. H. Brandt
Тема Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> A while ago we had a client running PostgreSQL on a Quad v440, and the
> performance was horrific. There are some known issues with PostgreSQL
> and solaris. AFAIK there was a kernel patch to alleviate some of the
> issues, but i'm unsure of the state of this as its been sometime since
> i've had any experience with PostgreSQL and solaris.

Can anyone remember specific information?

The only detail I remember about performance under Solaris is a discussion
about slow qsort:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-04/msg00103.php

A quick search didn't turn up information about whether the build
process now replaces Sun's qsort, or whether Sun has improved qsort
since the problem was noticed by postgres users in 2002.

It'd be interesting to invest some time studying the sources at
opensolaris.org.

Rainer
Rainer J. H. Brandt                            email:     rjhb@bb-c.de
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH                  web:        www.bb-c.de
Kamberg 111                                    phone:  +49 2448 919126
D 53940 Hellenthal                             mobile: +49 172 9593205

Сообщение: Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?
Сообщение: Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?