Re: [GENERAL] Sequences/defaults and pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Sequences/defaults and pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Is it also desired to convert an int column to a serial column?

> I think the only sane solution is if a SERIAL column is changed to
> INTEGER, the default and dependencies are removed.  Do you want a TODO
> for that?

If we are going to do something like that, I think we should take a hard
look at the idea I floated of putting SERIAL back to a pure
creation-time macro for type and default expression.  This is getting to
have way too much hidden behavior, and what we are buying for it is very
little as of 8.1.