Re: Storing jpgs

От Marek Lewczuk
Тема Re: Storing jpgs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 5, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

 > I'm one for using base64 encoded text in a text field. It's easy to
 > deal with queries, it's easy to deal with spitting out images, and
 > it's easy to back up. Others do it differently, there are many ways to
 > skin a cat, and each person who skins cats most likely thinks their
 > way is best. Gavin

Anyone knows what about performance of that kind of solution. Right now
I'm storing all multimedia files on the disc, but I would be great if
all files could be stored in DB (automatic remove, portability etc...).
But the problem is with the size of all files - today it is about 5GB,
so I belive that this can affect for overall DB performance. Any
experiences ?

PS. My DB have 3 schemes where about 1 million different data are
stored. I thought that it will be the best to create new scheme for
storing files ? Right ? How about perfomance in this case ?