Re: Socket communication for contrib

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Re: Socket communication for contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres@cybertec.at> writes:
>
>>Nested transactions: I don't think nested transactions will really help
>>to resolve the core problem. Committing a subtransaction will most
>>likely not imply that a parent transaction can be committed as well.
>

> Agreed.
>

>>As I said: Some people MIGHT find it useful in some special cases.
>>If the community decides that it does not enough sense to integrate it
>>into contrib I can live with that.
>

> I won't take a position on whether it's useful enough to put in contrib,
> but if people want it there, I'd just ask that the README be extended to
> point out the transactional risks.

this should not be a problem.
I can intregrate all necessary information there.

folks, let's do a poll ...
who is for it - who is against it ...
regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria

От: Bob.Henkel@hartfordlife.com
Сообщение: Re: Socket communication for contrib
Сообщение: Re: Socket communication for contrib