Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel.

От Gary Doades
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Possibly.

A lot of my queries show comparable performance, some a little slower
and a few a little faster. There are a few, however, that really grind on
PostgreSQL. I am leaning patterns from these to try and and target the
most likely performance problems to come and hand tune these types
of SQL.

I'm not complaining about PostgreSQL or saying that SQLServer is
better, in most cases it is not. SQLServer seems to be more predictable
and forgiving in performance which tends to make for lazy SQL
programming. It also has implications when the SQL is dynamically
created based on user input, there are more chances of PostgreSQL
hitting a performance problem than SQLServer.

Overall I'm still very impressed with PostgreSQL. Given the $7000 per
processor licence for SQLServer makes the case for PostgreSQL even
stronger!

Cheers,
Gary.