Re: Better support for whole-row operations and composite

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Better support for whole-row operations and composite
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> If you really want the trigger API for PL/R to be indistinguishable from
> the function-call API, then I think you will need to copy the passed
> tuple and insert type information.  This is more or less what
> ExecEvalVar does now in the whole-tuple case (the critical code is
> actually in heap_getsysattr though):

That got me there. It may not be the best in terms of pure speed, but it
is easier and simpler than refactoring, at least at the moment. And I
don't think the reason people will choose PL/R for triggers is speed in
any case ;-)

Thanks!

Joe