Re: Problem restoring Database

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Problem restoring Database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
mike wrote:
> I have just upgraded froom Fedora test1 to test2 which has upgraded
> postgres version from 7.4.2 to 7.4.5 (frrom rpm -q)

Uhh unless I am missing something what you have done is impossible.
There is no 7.4.5....

Are you sure it didn't upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.5? Or WORSE:

7.3.2 to 7.4.2?

If you have your dump still, you should be in fine shape. What flags
did you pass to pg_dumpall?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> I have used pg_dumpall to dump my database, the restore appeared to go
> OK, except there is no data in two of my tables (only these two)
>
> output from \d \d tb_invoice_header
>                                           Table
> "public.tb_invoice_header"
>        Column       |         Type
> |                               Modifiers
> --------------------+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>  inv_id             | integer               | not null default
> nextval('public.tb_invoice_header_inv_id_seq'::text)
>  client_id          | integer               |
>  payable_recievable | character varying(15) |
>  amount             | money                 |
>  amount_paid        | money                 |
>  date_paid          | date                  |
>  cheque             | character varying(20) |
>     "ih_pk" primary key, btree (inv_id)
>
>  \d tb_invoice_detail
>                                      Table "public.tb_invoice_detail"
>    Column    |          Type          |
> Modifiers
> -------------+------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------
>  id          | integer                | not null default
> nextval('public.tb_invoice_detail_id_seq'::text)
>  invoice_id  | integer                |
>  code        | character varying(15)  |
>  description | character varying(100) |
>  amount      | money                  |
>  vat_code    | smallint               |
>  line_total  | money                  |
>     "tb_id_pk" primary key, btree (id)
> Foreign-key constraints:
>     "$1" FOREIGN KEY (invoice_id) REFERENCES tb_invoice_header(inv_id)
>
> The dump file contains all the data
>
> Anyone have any idea what is happening, and more important how to rescue
>
> thanks

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Вложения