Re: initdb error

От Eric J. Schwarzenbach
Тема Re: initdb error
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
We are getting this same exact error-- always this

semctl(35, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument

on the creating template1 step of initdb.

On my Windows XP machine I had 7.4.1 working fine last month (service
configuration).

If I install 7.4.2 I get this error. If I reinstall 7.4.1 (rerun make
install) initdb works. If I reinstall 7.4.2 it fails again with that
semctl error. I tried rebuilding 7.41 from scratch and installing,
thinking maybe it was a configuration difference when I built it last
month, but no, 7.4.1 initdb still works.

My coworker, on the other hand (not running it as a service), gets this
same semctl error even with 7.4.1.

This is preventing us from switching from mySQL to Postgres. Can anyone
please offer a clue how to get around this?

Eric Schwarzenbach