Re: During InitDB: could not access file "$

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: During InitDB: could not access file "$
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Vitaly Belman wrote:
Hello PGSQL,
 I'd just like to add that I ran the postmaster with -i.
 I also tried to do the "tcpip_socket = true" but on that the postmaster said:

FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "tcpip_socket"

That parameter has disappeared, along with the virtual_host parameter. See the latest docs at http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html

Postgres now listens on "localhost" by default. To listen on all addresses you can use -i -or -h '*' or  listen_addresses = '*'

cheers

andrew

 I'd think that my snapshot is too old.. But I downloaded it this morning (20 hours ago).

Regards,Vitaly BelmanICQ: 1912453AIM: VitalyB1984MSN: tmdagent@hotmail.comYahoo!: VitalyBe

VB> Hello PGSQL,

CN>> Try: make install

CN>> Cheers,
CN>> Claudio

VB> Thanks, that did the trick =)

VB> Now I have a new trouble though.

VB> InitDB finished fine and I starter Postmaster:

"D:/Linux/msys/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster.exe" -i -D data

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-03-26 18:02:03 FLE Standard Time
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/A02AD0
LOG:  redo record is at 0/A02AD0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 455; next OID: 17207
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  select() failed in statistics buffer: No error
LOG:  select() failed in statistics collector: No such file or directory
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 4100) was terminated by signal 1
VB> It already looked bad because of these "No such file or directory".

VB> However, I tried to connect to the DB using psql:

psql
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or while processing the request.
VB> The server said on that:

LOG:  could not receive data from client: No such file or directory
LOG:  incomplete startup packet
VB> Using the "createdb" executeable yielded the same result :(.

VB> What file does it want now? =\

VB> Regards,
VB>  Vitaly Belman
VB>  ICQ: 1912453
VB>  AIM: VitalyB1984
VB>  MSN: tmdagent@hotmail.com
VB>  Yahoo!: VitalyBe

VB> Friday, March 26, 2004, 2:36:10 PM, you wrote:

  From MSYS I did: * configure --without-zlib * make
CN>> Try: make install

CN>> Cheers,
CN>> Claudio

CN>> ---
CN>> Certain disclaimers and policies apply to all email sent from Memetrics.
CN>> For the full text of these disclaimers and policies see
CN>> <a
CN>> href="http://www.memetrics.com/emailpolicy.html">http://www.memetrics.com/em
CN>> ailpolicy.html</a>

CN>> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend