Re: initdb's -c option behaves wrong way?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: initdb's -c option behaves wrong way?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 28 Sep 2023, at 09:49, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that -c option of initdb behaves in an unexpected
> manner. Identical variable names with variations in letter casing are
> treated as distinct variables.
>
> $ initdb -cwork_mem=100 -cWORK_MEM=1000 -cWork_mem=2000

> The original intention was apparently to overwrite the existing
> line. Furthermore, I surmise that preserving the original letter
> casing is preferable.

Circling back to an old thread, I agree that this seems odd and the original
thread [0] makes no mention of it being intentional.

The patch seems fine to me, the attached version is rebased, pgindented and has
a test case added.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/2844176.1674681919%40sss.pgh.pa.us