Re: COPY formatting

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: COPY formatting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:

>Overall, I assert again that approaching this issue through COPY enhancements
>is really not the way to go.    We should be looking at a client utility,
>like pg_import and pg_export.     The primary purpose of COPY is bulk loads
>for backup/restore, and I'm against doing a lot of tinkering which might make
>it less efficient or introduce new issues into what's currently very
>reliable.

That's not unreasonable. I floated my idea as an alternative to a much
more radical proposal. If we decided against it we should remove the
TODO item.

As against that, if we don't do this then I think we should embrace
these utility programs more, possibly bringing them into the distribution.

cheers

andrew